Monday, October 29, 2007

Blog Family..the best!

Training this week has been relatively good for running. Swimming has not happened due to procrastination and biking has not occurred because Dino is in H-twn at Liz's house awaiting my return. As you can see from the running elevation profile it is much more than flat but I have been adapting well. Yesterday, I went to the track to clock out 3 one mile show downs. My avg. time for the 3 peats was 8:25. which is totally awesome for me but my lungs sure paid the price but overall I felt good and will retest in about 8 weeks.

So now let's get to some cool stuff. Meeting the blog family! I had been in contact with MoMo this past week as she was heading to Vegas and we were looking to meet up so on Friday morning I met here and Big J (husband) at the Bellagio and we had breakfast. Now let me tell you all something, if you have not meet these two you are in for a big treat when you do. They are the nicest, funniest, down to earth couple you can find. It was great to talk with them and it felt like we had known each other for years and were getting back together. I am blessed to know people like them and to be on the course with Mo at IMCdA come June. I look forward to many more conversations with them, a few beers and hanging out. Thanks Big J and Mo for taking the time to meet with me!! You all are awesome.

This week's training will consist of hitting the weights at least 3 times and getting 4-5 runs in with 3 swims. I lifted weights yesterday for the first time in about 3 months and I can definitely feel the soreness setting in, in a weird sort of way, I miss that feeling.

rockon`

4 comments:

momo said...

ah, thanks, johnnyt. it was so great to meet you, too!!! please let us know when you come back through az, ok?

the whole blog thing is really incredible. i met a bunch of people this weekend at soma and it was like we'd known eachother for years - it felt that way with you too. pretty cool, hm???

S. Baboo said...

We got to meet Momo and Big J this weeked at Soma...great peeps!

Bigun said...

celebrity sitings! Way to hit the weights...know the feeling...

Di said...

WOW - rubbing elbows with famous people. KEWL