Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Any Ideas on this problem...?

OK, not that I have great experience cycling but I never had this recent problem.
My right foot feels like a sharp cramping pain while cycling, specifically the right edge on the bottom and on the bottom where the 4th and 5th toes bend. (lateral plantar edge of 4th and 5th metatarsals, for medical terms)
Now this pain comes and goes during cycling but the REAL Problem comes when I unclip and step off the bike and take my shoe off, Holy Crap, My foot feels totally numb/cramping/sharp all at the same time, if that's even possible. I can't even put it down flat on the ground because it freakn hurts so bad. This goes on for about 2-3 mins, the pain goes away and then I can move it and walk.
Could this be my cycling shoes as it seems my left shoe is much tighter/snug for support and I am not experiencing this problem. Also my rides have only been about 45-60 mins, today was 80 mins but same problem last 3 rides.
Any ideas???
Steven, I emailed you with same question.. thanks..

3 comments:

Crash said...

My guess is the shoes - I've had similar problems. Check out this article and see if it helps.

http://www.tulane.edu/~sbc2003/pdfdocs/0405.PDF

Steven said...

I replied to your e-mail, John.
It's the cleat on that shoe. It needs moved. See the message.

Iron Krista, "The Dog Mom" said...

I've had several people tell me if you are having problems with your feet in cycling to adjust the position of the cleat. If you have had a proper bike fitting, they should have set you up so your leg was in the right position (by adjusting the cleat)... I'd stop by your local bike shop!!